Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday October 24th Day 7

After her nap in the bed (Sat/Sun post) Big Headed Bed Jumper woke up alert and seemingly pain free. Eating was on her mind. Princess was never really much of an eater. Those dogs on TV devouring their food must be starved. My oldest daughter's dog Pig Pen is the exception. Pig Pen is a pug mix that eats at a FURIOUS pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfeE6by6mQ

I've even thought of having fast eating human friends race her at eating various things. Funny. Point probably is (there's one here somewhere) that these dogs are so much a part of the fun in our lives that we can't imagine life without them. But as dog owners that time always comes. Someone told me that the reason dogs pass before us is because they couldn't cope with the opposite. For Princess this is probably true. She's my constant companion.
Lily (l) and Princess in the Mountains

Princess got up stiffly today and immediately started test walking on her right leg. I love the mission of the Navy Protocol; cut off the tumor supply line, prevent new ones and starve the bastard to death. It's a simple warfare tactic really and one that I understand. Cancer and tree vines are alike. They both start small and then grow to starve the host to death. I know how to kill a vine. Cut it at the bottom and starve it to death. It's too complicated at the top. Best dog and I took a short car ride this morning. She was definitely up for it. When we returned I walked her slowly around the house. For about 60% of the time she used both hind legs. Amazing.  After that, she chilled in her jacket most of the afternoon.

This afternoon Gene stopped by to see Princess. She was glad to see him and greeted him accordingly. He loves that dog. Gene rescued Princesses "brother" Rottie Jake. Princess and Jake are good dog friends. Gene and I discussed Princesses progress so far. We both hope for the best.

1 comment: