Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Normal Day Nov 1, 2011

Princess is acting pretty much like a normal dog today. She woke up energetic and ready for something -what I'm not sure. She followed me around and giving me her "flat headed" look. That's when she brings her ears up level with her head and makes it look flat all the way across. Flat heading is a sign of concern and usually means that she needs to go out. I'll say to my wife; "she's flat heading me". I took her out a few times and she kept it up. First time was normal business all taken care of. After that she went for a stroll in the yard and then sat in the sun. Darn she's smart! Later in the afternoon, we went for a car ride and 5 minute walk on the leash. She walked normally but we didn't push it.



On the business side of things, Wife K spoke to Dr Chris about Princess's condition. K told him that Princess was doing great. Dr. Chris wants to do a follow-up x-ray of Princess in about 2 weeks. That would be around the 30 day mark. In the original study, Navy the young female Golden Retriever for which this treatment is named, had a rapidly growing mass on her right limb at the elbow. Her condition was diagnosed as recurrent fibrosarcoma and evidence for metastatic disease. After 30 days on the protocol her tumor had reduced 50%. After 60 days it was no longer visible. Read the whole study here. Navy's case study starts on page 22.

http://27ground.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/navyprotocolfinal.pdf


So far, we've been following Navy's Protocol exactly; same drugs, same dosage and same timing. So we are following up at 30 and 60 days with x-rays just like Navy. We'll hope for good results.

On the lighter side, a few weeks ago, K picked up Princess's original dose of medication at our local CVS. After a brief wait with many people around, the druggist finally called out "Princess Patterson?" When K stood up everyone looked at her sympathetically about her having such a name as Princess. She announced to the room that it was for her dog. Right, that's the same thing I do if I'm buying something embarrassing. I always say "It's for a friend". The clerk always give me the I don't give a @#$ look. Hey,  I don't care either, but it is funny. Today it's my turn to pick up the med's for weeks 3-4. When they call Princess Patterson, I'm going to just walk up and pay.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Reading these has become one of my favorite parts of my day. Go Princess!

    ReplyDelete